The L’OCCITANE Foundation launched the L’OCCITANE pour Elles programme in 2016, to support entrepreneurial initiatives by women in Burkina Faso. This program aims to identify, through a competition, women leaders, visionaries and inspirers at the head of businesses in activity or in creation and to give a boost to their projects.
The second edition of the L'OCCITANE pour Elles competition, launched in June 2019, made it possible to select 8 new entrepreneurs, bringing the number of businesses supported to 17 since the start of the program. The Foundation provides personalized assistance to the winners of the competition, offering the following services according to the needs of each project:
- Close support and in pairs with a person in charge of support ;
- A communication team for visibility ;
- The support of a lawyer and tax expert for structuring ;
- A cycle of dedicated collective workshops ;
- A suitable workspace and access to an active community ;
- Technical support in accounting and financial management ;
- Support for a transition to autonomy after support ;
- A support in the search for financial opportunities.
To do this, the Foundation collaborates with actors such as the social incubator La Fabrique (www.lafabrique-bf.com) and the network of financiers Initiative France (http://www.initiative-france.fr), represented at Burkina as part of this program by Initiative Ouagadougou.
The 8 companies currently supported under the L’OCCITANE pour Elles programme: